Tuesday, September 10, 2013

@kristine_ish

Hello! 

My name is Kristine Villanueva and I'm a double major in journalism and English. If you haven't guessed, I love to write. 

I really want to do the news and do it right. What a fantasy! I'm interested in the way the mediascape is changing and how my generation will take part in molding it. I really want to be a part of this new media revolution (as Romantic as that sounds). 


I didn't want to be a journalism major right away. I always had an interest in it but was never quite sure whether or not it was a wise choice. Most of my family members are in the medical field or into teaching. But I've decided to go with what I love to do. I love to write and the rush I get when I get a good story - or even just a good quote. 

I currently work at Rainbow near Perth Amboy. In the past I've worked for the house keeping department at Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City and as a secretary at a psychiatrist's office. I'm looking to put my words to good use in a solid internship. 

I write poetry and prose on tumblr. (kristineism.tumblr.com - follow me! haha)  And I also love to sing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment