Monday, September 9, 2013

Herrooo there!

My name is Kesi Clarke and I am senior here at Rutgers.

This is my last year hopefully and I swear it flew by so fast!

I am majoring in Journalism and I hope to be doing some kind of work in production in the future, specifically in TV & film. I would love to develop stories and behind the scenes stuff and work on assembling it all together. That is my ultimate goal.  That would be so awesome! In high school I was a theater major and I directed a few plays. Freshmen year of college I also directed a scene from the dark comedy called “Dog Meets God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead” which is a parody about an older Peanuts' gang, but for mature audiences. It is actually a really good play and it is great if you like movies similar to "This is the End." I was really proud of the job that I did for the scene and it made really made me want to pursue a career in production.



*Still from This is the End 

The media plays a major role in my life because it has helped shaped my childhood and it has also influenced some of the ideas that that I continue to have today. we are surrounded by the media and everything it is on a daily basis whether we like it or not. Media is posted on on billboards, bus stops, TV shows and even with the food that we consume. There's really no escaping it, but it needs to be reshaped and it should be embraced as a part of our future because everyone has been affected by the media... not unless you live under a rock.

This is the link to the second part of the Charlie Brown Parody. This isnt the the scene that I recreated but it just gives you an overview of what all the characters are like in the future. If your familiar with the charcters you should be able to match them up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8goW4xY6EQM

No comments:

Post a Comment