Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Intro Post : About Me


Hi,

I'm a senior at Rutgers. I'm majoring in Journalism, minor in English, and have a pre-med track. As for my academic goals, I wish to attend medical school shortly after graduation. I hope to pursue a career as a orthopedic surgeon. My ideal job would be to work with a professional athletic team, preferably a NFL, or NBA team. I want my ideal job to include sports and medicine. I have a passion for all sports and fashion. The two usually aren't seem together or go together very well. Along with becoming a physician, I would like to start a magazine that features sports, and fashion, and entertainment. A magazine that also engages females to become more interested in sports, especially sports that are more geared towards men. Because one thing that I find absolutely annoying is that when I watch ESPN coverage, sports games, or read sports illustrated, all the ads and commercials are 90% of the time geared towards males. But creating a magazine of such nature would be somewhere in the far future, but would fit in perfectly with my occupation in sports medicine.

                              

Media consumption and media studies fits in my life because I watch a lot of sports, consume a lot of my daily fashion intake via magazines, and television. I constantly study the new images of fashion and the entertainment industry. I also consume a lot of media through music.

A little about me ...

I was born in San Fernando Valley, California. I left when I was young to attend school in New York. I was living bicoastal for many years between New York and California. I intend to move back to CA permanently sooner than later. I'm vegan, a choice I made 9 years ago to be rebellious and not eat what my parents cooked. However I changed my mind and decided to become a vegan for ethical reasons. As much as I may be petrified of some animals, I still respect them all. I do have a soft spot for animals. Besides my love for sports, I love shopping, eating, and hanging out. I also enjoy various dance Performances. I took jazz, tap, and dance for 13 years.

Why you should go vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment