Thursday, November 21, 2013

Update on Final Project

Aside from learning as much as I can about autodidacts, specifically self-taught musicians,  I've interviewed a music professional regarding difference between self-teaching and formal teaching.  Mr. John Floreen is a Music Theory professor and Conductor of the Rutgers Chorus. Tonight, I will be going to East Stroudsburg, PA to interview House musician and record label owner Josh Milan, hailing from Brooklyn, NY. He was a member and the producer of a House/Funk group called Blaze. He has taught himself how to play the piano at a very early age. I also plan to interview music professionals Rob Smith and Henry Martin.

Right now I am also focusing on b-roll shots and narration. This Saturday, I will be shooting dozens of b-roll shots of the studios where both Moses "Casper" Laporte and Josh Milan record their music. Moses' father and uncle are so self-taught musicians. I will also interview one or both of them to get their opinion of autodidactism. The video will contain several facts regarding the pros and cons of being formally taught and self-taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment