Thursday, November 21, 2013

Project Update

My project is on veganism and vegetarianism. I started a 30-day challenge that can actually be started on any day as long as you stick to it for 30-days. So far I have posted a lot of recipes, and great vegan food alternatives. I had a few of my friends/family members starts this 30-day challenge and now that we are past the two week mark,  most of them said it has gotten easier. The biggest struggle they find is that when they gout to eat at "chain" restaurants they always have to alter the entire menu just to eat, or they have to settle for a salad. Also another problem is that when they are out it's hard to find a vegan snack. I try to be accessible to them 24/7. I know how easy it is to cave.
My sources thus far are PETA, Veganism.com, "Conveniently Vegan" by Debra Wasserman, and Vegan.org. PETA has been really helpful because they have a lot of daily challenges that I can incorporate into my 30-day challenge. Also they have a lot of vegan/vegetarian food alternatives that you can find at your local supermarket. Which makes it a lot easier for anyone trying to change their diet.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is creative and a challenge for many who aren't vegetarians and for those who have tried or want to try to be one. Im excited to find out if you got anyone on this 30-day challenge and that stuck to it. I also want to see your vegetarian recipes!

    ReplyDelete