Thursday, November 21, 2013

Final Project Update

Swayzeen Medina
Final
                                    Mr. PI 2013 VIDEO PROJECT
According to The Philippine-American Organization of New York’s webpage it explains exactly what Mr. PI is all about:
“Mr. PI is a "man-geant," meaning that it's a pageant for men. It consists of the sections found in a typical pageant:  cultural, talent, Q&A, etc. This is one of the big events held in D3 (District 3), meaning that other Filipino clubs throughout NYC, Long Island, and Northern NJ will be participating”.
Where & when:
Date: Sunday, November 17th
Time: 3:00PM
Location: Kimmel Center for University Life (60 Washington Square S, New York, NY 10012, USA)
Mr. PI 2013 Video project that I’m producing is going to be about the journey of a Rutgers-Newark Intervarsity student name Frank Samuel Barcelos. It’s about his motivation behind wanting to win the Mr. PI Contest.  I followed Frank for approximately three to four days, and took video of all of it.
The Grand Finale is me shooting video of the actual Contest he has worked so hard for throughout the video.  I want the video to draw up suspense and emotion towards last pieces of footage at the very end. Every one at that point in the video will get to see who won.
This video will live on my already made blog “Art in the hands of a city slicker”. This blog consist of video’s that have to with all works of art. So this video will fit right in along with my theme. The video shows multiple art forms being presented for the talent portions of the competition.
I will embed my video through YouTube, so that the video gains popularity. I will also promote this video via facebook, twitter, and Instagram.
I hope to create follow up’s. Maybe I will take part in doing a video at Ms. PI, which is basically the same concept but for college woman. This will have people anticipating updates on my site. I will write about what’s up and coming and then post it.
Hopefully this video will make for a great piece of transmedia . 
Sources:

Student - Frank Samuel Barcelos

The Philippine-American Organization of New York’s webpage-

The International Pilipino Association at New York University -

RU-N FSA'S FRANK BARCELOS FOR MR. PHILIPPINES 2013! Facebook page made for Frank-





No comments:

Post a Comment