Saturday, November 30, 2013

Project Update

Ok so my project seems to be making some type of sense. To be completely honest this has NOT been easy. For a while , practically the whole semester has been dedicated to research and investigating. The problem I ran into was figuring out what to do with this overload of information and how to channel my thoughts.However I think I figured all out and made the right choice.

So I decided to write a paper. This project is not just a typical class project for me. I really wanted to start something that can be beneficial for the future. This project is just the beginning of something I want to do in the future after I establish myself and have money and power. I feel the paper would be a good way to express my purpose and to layout my plan of action. I also think this would be good to look back at and refer to when the time calls for it. I would be able to look back at my mindset of today and compare it to later.

I'm not sure how long the paper will be.It's like a mixture of my beliefs, my plan ,and factual information. So far I have started the paper with just information about Newark , food deserts, Newark as a food desert. This is something like a blueprint/ a proposal for social change.

During my research I figure out how to create social change. Although it's small, I made a blog to somewhat replicate websites of organizations  I was inspired by. The blog is the "fun" part. It has lots of pictures of me around the city. On the blog I'm basically trying to make Newark seem appealing and show the positives of it instead of the negatives.  Also I use it to point out how Newark is treated like a "stepchild".Also the blog has helped me gain more creativity and helped me become a better blogger. Before this class I was not into blogging at all , so it took me a while to get the hang of it (still am struggling a little) but I really like it alot.

I think this project is just a minor step to something great and meaningful. I have grown a passion for justice and giving back. I really plan to change Newark whether it happens withing the next 5 years or 20 , its going to happen. This project has opened me up and has guided me towards something I really want to do and has made the future seem a little clear and closer.This is me just talking about it , and later I will work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment