Thursday, November 21, 2013

Behind His Mask (Update)

I decided a month ago that I was going to write a script and then do a trailer to present the class. Well easier said than done, I have the locations planned out, the script written and a couple of actors and actresses that are going to help me out. Now filming is the problem. So I think in class I will present the final scene of my film and read a couple of scenes live.

Writing the Script, was easy because I had this idea over the summer, and knew where I was going with it. I was inspired by a Scrubs episode and also Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It. Now how that inspired me was the characters were talking to the camera and telling a story and each of them had their own take on it on how they were effected by the lead character.

In my script the challenge was I was basically writing two narratives and fusing them. The main timeline is the last day of Christian, a kid who commits suicide for unknown reasons. While that story is playing out we have different characters, his girlfriend, Grace, his brother, Trevor, and his best friend that moved away, Shane, talking to a psychologist. Now everything they are saying has a deeper story to it that tips off to the next scene that plays. I Hope you guys really enjoy this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see what you have for us Adam! It sounds like a handful, but I have faith that you'll get it done.:) How long is each narrative?

    ReplyDelete