Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Update Final Project


The theme of my project is a marriage/family production.



  
It is simply my observation of relationship through people's actions that are committing to be together or pretending to make/build family.  What it takes to build a family - the whole marriage production that takes about a year or more, house hunting, never ending furnishing of the house.  Romanticism somehow vanishes with the marriage preparation, it turns into a business of getting required almost obligatory things to be done - bachelor's party, bridal shower, baby shower etc it is the whole fabrication which is all very good but should it need to be re-think...? refresh the original reason for all of it... however in no way it is a criticism, I very much like the fact that there is so much luxury in this whole process, but in the end what matters the most..? 


Did you know?

Since the 1980s, the structure of the classic American family has rapidly changed and the marriage rate has declined each year. Even so, according to a 2010 Pew study, three-quarters of all U.S. adults (76%) still say their family is the most important element of their life. (Weatherspoon Art Museum, NC)


My previous works involved my children, so does this project . I use telephoto lens to photograph my children not in the typical sense of family snapshots but viewing them from a distance from a voyeuristic gaze.  I would like for the theme to  play out in ambiguous ways as my children don’t act out or adhere to a certain script narrative. I’m interested in simply providing a framework of references for the children and viewer to respond. The photographs are controlled by my children as much as the photographer. 
  
I am planning on publishing phtoto-book on blurb as well as submitting my work to a group and possibly solo exhibition.  








No comments:

Post a Comment