Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Vote Vegan ... Vegans Rock

       





        Vegans are always in your face with their in-your-face- pretentious attitude, and you just can’t handle it. People always shy away from being vegans because it seems like too much, or just near impossible. I feel as if people were introduced to the vegan diet in a more friendly and approachable way, they will become more accepting, There are two types of Vegans, one who does not put any animal products into their body and the vegan who follows the vegan lifestyle, who doesn’t use any animal product. Each is an easy lifestyle to lead depending on how committed you are. 

If He Can Do It You Can Do It !

     For my semester project my aim is to promote veganism, my audience will be anyone who is non-vegan. Instead of focusing on how terrible animal eaters are, I will focus on how great vegans are. A lot of people get offended because vegans are always like “you are an animal killer, and the way I live is better than the way you live ! ”  I feel like If I focus on the positive, it will help to convert more people. I will start a blog that will give a daily tip, recipe, activity, picture, video, etc, that will help people to see the amazing ways vegans contribute to the society. 


         I first want to implement a 30 day nutritious and healthy plan to becoming a vegan. I want to blog about about the actual truth to the stereotypes and theories. I also want to blog easy to find food brands, that vegans can find at any local supermarket, for reasonable prices. I find that the hardest thing about being a vegan, is that when you are out and about you can never stop for a quick snack, because half of the food retailers do not sell vegan friendly food. Also I will blog, traditional recipes that they can still enjoy with a vegan twist. If I make it as easy as possible to convert to veganism, how can people turn it down. Also I will include restaurants in the tri-state area. 
                                

          To make this blog different from others, I will start with a minimum of ten dedicated “followers”. These ten people are people that I will try to convert through my “30 day road to veganism”. I will post every day with posts that keeps that motivated, I will be available 24/7, for them to reach me with any questions, problems, or concerns, regarding their diet. This way I can learn from them what are the hardest obstacles they faced, what was easy for them, what they crave, how are they psychologically and emotionally affected. If I can hear first hand the problems they are going through, it can help me to better filter my blog, so I know what topics to discuss to help the next average person to become a vegan. 




         I will also try to implement my personal journey. I became a vegetarian when I was 11. The hardest thing I had to do in my life, I think. Because I was so young, and all my friends enjoyed eating “normal food” I had to stay strong and committed. My friends made it harder because I was the type of child to do things for a certain period of time and then give it up, once I felt accomplished. So they would constantly try to feed me chicken, or fish, or meat. But I was also the type of child to stick to what I believe in and I was very gullible. My aunt made me watch this vegan video and she said anyone who watched it, whatever animal they ate after that, they would turn into that animal. So they next day when my mom gave me a chicken nugget, I was so scared I would turn into a chicken. The only thing I regret was becoming a vegetarian so young, I feel like I missed out on part of my childhood; happy meals, lunchables, turkey and cheese sandwiches. But by the time I figured out my aunt was lying I was too far in.  But for the bigger picture, I’m happy that I was able to save a few animals. Just remember it takes just one person to make a difference. 






GET INVOLVED PETA
LEARN AT VEGAN ORG

Bibliography 
The Vegetarian Resource Group 
PETA 
PETA 2
Veganism.Com
Vegan Society 
Vegan - TIME
Vegan Outreach
American Vegan
The Vegetarian Resource Group
“That’s Why We Don’t Eat Animals” - Ruby Roth

1 comment:

  1. Vegan diet and/or life style still in need of more information for mass population. Any blog or website is crucial to create awareness. Vegan diet is not only about the philosophy of animal friendly life style but also about the knowledge of the product's contents we are consuming. This blog should be helpful for readers to understand that just because the product made it to the supermarket shelf does not mean it is a good. product.

    ReplyDelete