Monday, October 14, 2013

Midterm/ Final

I decided what I want to do for my final project indefinitely over the weekend. Initially, in my proposal  I wanted to create a magazine that was just basically about stuff that I find interesting, lots of random stuff. Then I thought , how about I just create a website. It all seemed to broad , and I felt like I was creating a lot of stress for myself. Then on Friday a couple of my friends and I were hanging out and one of my friends had those "quarter juices " the ones you can find in any convenient store usually in an urban city. He was about to feed his two year old son this drink. Pause! I then explained to him that those are very bad for you in general and you for sure should not be feeding that to a two year old! Then I was drinking a Pepsi and my friend came out of know where saying that there is aborted baby cells in Pepsi in it to make it taste better. yuck! After being freaked out and doing lots of research on all this stuff I became extremely fascinated by all of what is really in our food and how labels are good at using play on words. So I thought of the idea of starting a blog. The blog would consist of all of the common everyday foods and I would be informing the readers of what is in this stuff we consume. The purpose of this for me would be to just raise awareness and knowledge. You can't change peoples mind especially when it comes to people and their food, they don't want to hear it or just don't care. However I think people should be able to read a label and have an understanding of what the stuff really is and where it comes from. The blog is not intended to change minds or scare you or gross you out (although it might) , I just think it would be beneficial.

For overall and after this class everything stems back to the quarter juice. I would want to further research and focus some type of correlation with certain products such as the quarter juice and their presents in the urban areas such as Newark. I think their is a reason you predominantly/only see products like that in urban areas. Products like that are affordable , but have absolutely no nutritional value and could be detrimental to someones overall health , especially a growing child. I really want to reach people that may not know better and feel like they have no choice but to buy the crap that is sold in their local convenient store or supermarket. All I can really do is just dish out the information, and with that who knows? It may be far fetch but I hope to one day get those quarter juices off the shelves.
The Recipes
flavor testing with CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment