Tuesday, October 15, 2013

We Are Women, We're Present!

(Google Images: www.longislandwins.com)


For my semester project I want to do a video that shows my viewers the progression and evolution of Latinas in the work field  and how they are becoming more accepted professionally and the way they are perceived by society. I want to do a a day in a life kind of video where my viewership can see my these women working and explaining the struggles  of becoming successful, not only as a Latina but as women in general. I want to help the express the obstacles that they had to overcome and the people that made it hard for them to make this far. The women that I'm interviewing are very successful women that aren't your stereotypical Latina women. They demolish that wall that all Latina women are stay at home wives that cook, clean, and take care of the children. These women do that and work at the same time. They are responsible women that can handle the duty of being a wife and mother while at the same time prospering in the workforce. 



(Google Images: www.sparkplugpeople.com)
My inspiration for my project is the disintegration of machismo and how these women are the future to the continuation to the elimination of this stereotype. I, as a Latina feel the strong need to eliminate that stereotype and become a successful woman in the workforce. I also want to interview these women's husbands and take on their stance on the topic and how they feel about it and what they think about their wives as successful Latin women and how this is changing history and the stereotypes that they are part of. 
(Google Images: www.el-machismo.wikispaces.com)


I want my video to inspire other Latin American women and just women in general to want to become successful professionals in life. I want my targeted audience to be both women and men so they can see and understand the evolution of women and the continuous end to the machismo stereotype and stay at home wives in the hispanic community. Now there are many websites, clubs, and blogs that talk about the evolution and change to this never-ending that is the Latina progression and empowerment. Clubs like "The Wise Latina Club"and "The Feminist Wire" adhere to this progress.
(Google Images: www.venturegalleries.com)



Bibliographical Sources:
Websites/Blogs:
1.     Latina Lista (Trevino, Marisa. (Founder/Publisher)
2.     The Wise Latina Club (Hurtado, Viviana. (Founder of blog), 2010)
3.     The Feminist Wire
4.     Latina Feminista (Britto, Juliana. (Founder)
Msmagazine  




No comments:

Post a Comment