Monday, October 14, 2013

Swayzeen Medina
Final Project Proposal
Convergence        
Blog Idea:
Blog Name- (Strictly Food News)

I wanted my blog to be about the average man sharing their food experiences and opinions on my page. I have switched my idea from starting a food critique blog to a “food & place awareness blog”.  I want to create a space where I can share what is the best solution for people that have already given bad reviews to places; for example like on yelp’s reviews. I would take yelps link and quotes and insert them into my blog site, and give a solution to that review.

(My blog will have the healthier perspective on food)

Overall why do I want to do this?
I have had some bad experiences in restaurants, as have many other people. So I would like to be an informer and voice of reason. I want to let people know that there is a way out of dining frustrations.


Why did I decide to go with this idea?  For legal reasons, those reasons are: I can possibly be sued and jailed for deformation. I researched the laws behind critique blogging; some people have actually gone to jail for critiquing a restaurant.  That’s why I’m choosing to respond to information that is already out there.

What does the solution to the bad review entail?
I will recommend them to a restaurant that is for instance a 5 star place in their area, and others that are nearby with extensive detail to why it is a better alternative. I might also have a sub category that speaks on healthy living, and where you can go to get healthy food in your area.

-         I can also have tabs on my blog with tips on how and where to dine
-         And give tips on how to eat healthier
How will I execute this?
I will take awesome pictures, and video of the places I will be suggesting.
Also, I will take some footage of the preparation of food and food service.
I will get involved with the community and do local (man on the street) interviews, on how they like the restaurant of discussion.  (Likes and maybe dislikes).

-         I will ask them questions about:
EX.
1.     Area
2.     Restaurant
3.     Food
4.     Service

How can I draw my audience in?
I will spread my blog to networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and tumblr in hopes of getting some traffic onto my page.

Where am I in the production of my project and where do I plan to be by final presentations?

Midterm Mark- I have started up the actual blog site; and will make my first post soon. I have looked up research on the model type I am going for; and legal research as well.

By Final Presentations- I want to have my blog site in full throttle, up and running with at least 3 posts. My posts must consist of the story and solution. It also must contain still pictures, voiceover, or video. I would also like to have at least one feature tab working on the blog.


Credits: Swayzeen Medina

 Blog models and Inspirations/ Bibliography:



-BLOG MODEL – SmittenKitchen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment